

This is our second week adding "Strange Family" into our circle time. It is a great way to learn by movement counting by 2s, 3s, 4s etc. We also started The Golden Amulet. The boys always enjoy waking to a new chalkboard drawing with the "hidden letter" along with the verse.

I didn't realize until after I was finished how crooked my lines had become. I will just blame it on the belly :)
The past few weeks I have allowed Kai to do more free drawing from the story in his Good Book however this week I started Adult led. I noticed some frustration from this as he wants his to look exactly like mine which really isn't the idea. This way of drawing is quite new and much different then outlining first. Of course, he does a wonderful job and while the picture doesn't show it he made his tree have a glow to it. While he was drawing I could tell he was really taking in the story by how he was explaining what he was coloring.
This evening we went for a beautiful evening walk on the beach. They took so much in from the moon to the treasures abound they found. As we were preparing to leave we met an artist and she shared with the boys about the different types of seabeans but also shared with them a wonderful poem she wrote about mermaids and their treasures.Well time for me to prepare some baked oatmeal for the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment