Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kai Turned 6 years old !


Why does this number give me such heartache when it is just a number? Is it the fact that I am aware of the Seven year change? Is it that I cry everytime I hear or the boys sing Puff the Magic Dragon? Time flies so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday that I gave birth to Kai. The struggle I had in the beginning nursing him BUT the determination that I had and continued nursing until he was almost 4 years old. He has grown into such a great loving kid.
The night before Kai turned 6 we read his special Birthday Story that Oma made for him when he was a baby.
This year he asked me if we can just have a few friends which honestly is what our yearly parties consist of. I have never been one for the parties of today with lots of kids, lots of sugar and renting facilities out. I like to keep things simple and in the home.
I notice Kai's senses do not like to much at once anyway. However, I think most of us Waldorf/Enki moms are aware of this with our children. I think it is simply because we are not constantly bombarding them with over the top stimulation like many children of today. I think I would actually say it is Natural and normal for a child's system to recognize when things get to be to much instead of their little bodies shutting down.
As for Kai's Special Day he did enjoy it very much. He asked for a raw birthday cake with a monster truck on it. While we usually do not do many plastic toys he did totally dig a Mighty World Set he had seen in the local toy store and hoped he would get it for his birthday. He also really wanted a Nerf Dart gun so he can join in with the neighbor kids. They do have a blast with them. One other thing he had hoped for was an Ishuffle. While electronic this was one item i was ok with but didnt get him. My parents however surprised him with one. I think the biggest reason for wanting one was to imitate Arly while cleaning and for those few times he just wants to quietly listen to some Jack Johnson ;) . With two kids its much easier to have two. Sage likes to keep Arlys in his "popket" and now Kai can have one that he can use sometimes without trying to beg Sage for the one he likes to hold onto in his pocket.
I think the highlight of Kai's little birthday party was the pinata. The 4 kids had a BLAST! Spinning + Blindfolded always equals fun especially when you include a big piece of driftwood to swing at an object with. They were thrilled with their treasures of stickers, pencils, bubbles ,organic lollipops and trick snap gum .
The day came to a close with two little boys that were sleepy and ready for bed. Kai was thrilled he received what he really had hoped for.
Happy Birthday Kai!

4 comments:

  1. My son is about to turn 7 and I'm feeling all "whoa!" about it.

    Happy Birthday, Kai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Six is big! We started the 6/7 year change at 5 1/2. Things are calming down now, Phew! I do miss the "innocence" of that younger age. At least I still have the 2 year old, still so full of magic.

    Another Enki Mama,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Kai!

    And don't worry, Mama, it's all good, there are many wonderful things that come after the 7 year change as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely party - Happy Birthday to Kai!!

    ReplyDelete